Indigo Ripple

Live with passion. Love with abandon. Post with distinction.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Indigo Ripple Forum Rule #1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cocobot

PostSubject: Indigo Ripple Forum Rule #1   Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:15 pm

I know my previous post was about not attempting to regulate and control the masses with rules and uneccessary law. this was however until i did something so detestable and unforgiveable i nearly blacked out from embarrasment upon my realization. i used "quotes" more than two times in a short paragraph. now i am far from an english major and certainly don't claim proper grammar, in fact its probably not even technically wrong. however it does hurt on a very different level. imagine for instance if i had been speaking out loud or even just reading my post to a friend. i would have been forced to become one of those air quotes people. i'm not sure what all of your lives are like but for me there are very few more annoying things than the overuse of air quotes. i instantly mark you and unfriendable if i have seen this. so please in an effort to save our own reputations and to never be looked upon as unfriendable, i request a two "quotation" limit per post. this does exclud a situation in which you are actually quoting something. whether it be a movie or a book etc. this does not count. please do post or PM me if you need further clarifications of this rule. Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stoli

PostSubject: Re: Indigo Ripple Forum Rule #1   Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Each "quote" uses two quotations, so does that mean it's really a ONE quote limit?

Because two would be four.

I'm just saying....

tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serena5879

PostSubject: Re: Indigo Ripple Forum Rule #1   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:51 pm

What "if" people used them just to make other people read "it" with the inflection of air quotes just to annoy "them" and the air quotes didn't "even" really make sense?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
little rip

PostSubject: Re: Indigo Ripple Forum Rule #1   Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:27 pm

I don't know what's wrong with you people, but misuse of air quotes is funnier than three's company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indigo Ripple Forum Rule #1   

Back to top Go down

Indigo Ripple Forum Rule #1
Page 1 of 1