Indigo Ripple
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indigo Ripple

Live with passion. Love with abandon. Post with distinction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The most misused phrase in the universe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
little rip

The most misused phrase in the universe Empty
PostSubject: The most misused phrase in the universe   The most misused phrase in the universe I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Never a dull moment.

You can make a case for another phrase, but it's going to take a lot to sway me from this winner.

This has never been said by an interesting person in an interesting situation ever.

Almost exclusively said in offices about things like the mail being delayed and changing appointments and cranky clients, i can't think of duller moments than the ass-times this phrase is associated with.

Here's my new phrase, assholes:

Only dull moments.

Here's another phrase:

I'm quitting.
Back to top Go down
cocobot

cocobot

PostSubject: Re: The most misused phrase in the universe   The most misused phrase in the universe I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:23 pm

you are hilarious. you keep putting out those fires my dear
Back to top Go down
little rip

PostSubject: Re: The most misused phrase in the universe   The most misused phrase in the universe I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 pm

I posted this on phantasytour and it's up to over 100 posts. I can't wait until our pages fly by too...
Back to top Go down
Louise

Louise

PostSubject: Re: The most misused phrase in the universe   The most misused phrase in the universe I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm

This reminds me of another phrase I have often thought actually means something entirely different then it's use was intended.

The phrase is " all but " as in "she all but gave up hope", intended to mean she DID give up hope.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the actual words said mean that she did NOT give up? ALL BUT gave up, no?

Anyway....never a dull moment thinking about linguistics!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
stoli

stoli

PostSubject: Re: The most misused phrase in the universe   The most misused phrase in the universe I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Now, I've heard this phrase often, but I've heard it used correctly.

For example: Everbody's rushing around the office, getting stuff done; each and every person is stretched as thin as possible; and then, at the perfectly wrong time, a whole BUTTLOAD of more work comes in....

Someone CORRECTLY quips:

"Never a dull moment!".... and then somebody throws a stapler at his head.

Sad
Back to top Go down
alottafachina

alottafachina

PostSubject: Re: The most misused phrase in the universe   The most misused phrase in the universe I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Way to bring your stupid dull moments and their stupid dull descriptions to this forum!

Evil or Very Mad

I find it amusing that these supposedly smart people (lawyers) are actually very stupid.

8 years in school can't buy you intelligence.... wait...shouldn't it?

Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most misused phrase in the universe   The most misused phrase in the universe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most misused phrase in the universe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indigo Ripple :: Mull it over... :: General deliberations-
Jump to: