Indigo Ripple

Live with passion. Love with abandon. Post with distinction.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some Kind of Jam 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
indyblue

PostSubject: Some Kind of Jam 4   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:30 pm

So i got back from this festival yesterday. It was perfect in many ways but not exactly the most profitable experience. Here are a few highlights

-- It was way bigger than i expected. I'm guessing this is due to the amazing weather. I'm guessing there were around 1500 to 2000 people. I was expecting 1000 at the most.

--- The previously mentioned weather was perfect. When I say perfect I mean perfect. An amazing Saturday sunset capped it off.

--I put sunscreen everywhere but but my neck. i look ridiculous.

--There was zero security present which led to the most wide open festival i've ever been to. This was good for unauthorized vending but bad for the sketchball wook factor.

--My chairs got stolen. really this was ridiculous. It is as if the universe is against me sitting and being comfortable. I stood or laid on the ground most of the day.

---There were way too many dogs present. Rule of thumb: If you allow hippies to bring dogs, they'll search one out just so they can drag it around by its hemp leash. Its sad really. Well this is not exactly true. I saw a lot more genuine loving dog owners at this festival than I ever see on Dead lot, or even Phish lot for that matter. It really was the perfect environment for a dog. I just wish cats could roll like this. All of my problems would be solved.

---Post show i enjoyed a Cracker Barrel breakfast. This is the only time I allow myself this insane indulgence. I just wish they had better coffee. The coffee they serve tastes like the beans were ground by a horse's hoof.

--As far as the music goes: There were a few good bands on during the day on Saturday, I can't remember the names. I got there too late on Friday and as a result I screwed myself. I missed the entire set of Turtle Soup and only caught three songs of Splintered Sunglight (very awesome Dead cover band). I partially blame this on the festival promoters who did not have the schedule listed on the website, and partially on myself cause I just could not get it together.

So overall, I was impressed by the turnout of this festival and it was a great way to start out the season.

I will definitely return next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Some Kind of Jam 4
Page 1 of 1